Friday, June 30, 2006

done and done

So....


I think it should be mandatory that people should come with warning labels. Things like:


Warning:


Will cheat on you.


Will lie to you.


Will neglect you.


Will hurt you and not give a shit.


Things like that. At least that way you have an idea what you're getting. So you can decide whether or not you want to be their friend or be their lovah.

It's funny how you know deep down inside that things are wrong and that it's over but you still have that mini idea that maybe just maybe that person could change. NOPE.

I made a crucial decision about a week ago that I had to make and now I know the answer and I have to live with it. That part of my life is over and in a weird way I feel relieved and hopeful for tomorrow. I understand that in some way I deserve this....I have not always treated others with respect.

This is my time to put all the me into me and my little one and not into someone who doesn't deserve it.

With all that said know that I am not bitter but just wanted to vent...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The purpose of all relationships is to help us develop our greatest potential.

This is true for the good and the bad ones.

Think about that above because I'm going to come back to it at the end.

_____________________________________
I am sorry that you have dated some jerks but I have two pieces of advice I give you.

1. People can change. Granted it rare that someone changes there nature but it is possible, I have seen it and experienced it.

2. You said you are not bitter just venting. You also stated that in a weird way you felt relieved and hopeful now that your relationship was over. I believe that from your post, and that in and of itself is proof that you already know something that it took me years to find out, and its something that some people never figure out.

That the “one relationship”, you know the one that everybody wants but hardly anyone has. Yes I refer to the romantic one.

____________________________________

It’s not about the commitment it’s about opportunity. That IMO is how you know you have met the one, because they will enrich your life so much that YOU will have a better opportunity to grow, and love, and experience, and share, and to just be you and realize your true potential in a way that you could not without them playing a significant part of your life.

Many people won't have that, they will have a "commitment" and that commitment will be the exact opposite of opportunity as you change who you are to try and make them happy and make the relationship work and all that bullshit, and so they stay dating the bitch/jerk, because sometimes its good, sometimes things go your way……..or its what appears to have happened to you.

They meet someone that was great when they met but was exposed (notice i don't use changed here) and for better or worse they grudgingly stick with it believing that all relationships are work and that they must work at it constantly because it’s a commitment and sadly they will lead lives of quiet desperation.

You.......? You can relax. You won't because even though like me and many others you may not haven't always treated people with the respect they deserve, but guess what.......PEOPLE DO CHANGE, (do you still do that now? No…..then you changed), people like you and me and others, and what makes us different than most is we realize that relationships like the one you just described.

There not failures so much as they are learning experiences, the other person was a failure, the relationship itself was an opportunity for you to learn more about yourself, expect more from yourself, to grow, and evolve, and to move closer toward that relationship that is in and of itself an limitless opportunity to create the life you want.........together with them. :)

So be “done and done” but also be happy and optimistic while you put all into yourself and your little one.